Full-Time TRANSFER STATION ASSISTANT!
Box Canyon Transfer Station Assistant
Madras Sanitary Service
The Transfer Station Assistant is employed by Madras Sanitary Service with a work schedule of 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday thru Friday.
Purpose of the Position/Responsibilities:
(Major responsibilities and target accomplishments expected of the position including the typical problems encountered in carrying out the responsibilities.)
The Transfer Station Assistant is responsible for the following:
- Pull out all possible recyclable materials from loads.
- Keep the public recycle depot clean and tidy for safe drop off and use, removing all non-recyclables.
- Dump used oil containers into the holding tank. Watch for liquids that are not oil.
- Sort scrap metal by type, and process as needed.
- Dismount junk tires from wheels as time allows.
- Perform trash picks around property.
- Make sure trash pick on Grizzly Road and McTaggart Road is performed on the first week of each month.
- Blow off bays daily.
- Any other duties as assigned.
(The way that the position contributes to and impacts on the organization)
- Conduct all activities according to the schedule of the day, as well as the needs of the public and Madras Sanitary Service.
- Must deal with customers, members of the public, coworkers, Operations Manager, Supervisor, Transfer Station Manager and Owners in a courteous and respectful manner.
- Any complaints received should be directed to the Operations Manager or Supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
(The knowledge, skills and attitudes required for satisfactory job performance)
The Transfer Station Assistant must have or attain proficient knowledge, skills & abilities in the following areas:
- Knowledge of equipment and safety precautions.
- Ability to operate a forklift. Will be required to pass a certification upon starting and every 3 years thereafter.
- Must have client service and public interaction skills. Ability to listen carefully to customer inquiries and complaints and then deal with them in a responsive, professional manner involving the Operations Manager or Supervisor when necessary.
- Ability to communicate and cooperate with the Operations Manager, Supervisor, Owners and co-workers in a courteous, respectful and professional manner and maintain a good team attitude. Ways in which employees interact with others and the way in which direction is accepted can affect your performance.
- Effective verbal and listening communications skills. MSS is very receptive to ideas and welcome suggestions that will help us operate more efficiently.
- Ability to read and write.
- Stress management skills.
- Time management skills.
- Be honest, trustworthy, flexible and respectful.
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity.
- Demonstrate sound work ethics.
- Deal with the public in a positive, courteous and respectful manner that maintains the MSS reputation for quality, integrity and by providing quality service to each and every customer by being courteous, neat, friendly and helpful.
- Attention to consistent attendance, arriving for work on time, being ready to start work at the beginning of your scheduled shift, and complete your shift as scheduled.
(The unavoidable, externally imposed conditions under which the work must be performed and which create hardship for the employee including the frequency and duration of occurrence of physical demands, environmental conditions, demands on one’s senses and mental demand.)
- The Transfer Station Assistant has a physically strenuous and demanding job. He/she will be lifting, pulling and managing heavy equipment and objects. Must possess the ability to lift up to 50 pounds following proper lifting body mechanics.
- Exposure to all weather conditions. Must be prepared for both extreme heat and cold.
- Don appropriate PPE as required.
- Exposure to unpleasant sights and smells.
- Potential exposure to dangerous and/or toxic substances. Take necessary precautions to protect eyes, nose and skin from irritation, infection and contamination to others.
Employee Signature __________________________
Printed Name __________________________
I have read and understand the responsibilities assigned to this position. I also understand that other duties will be assigned during day-to-day operations.
1 total views, 1 today