Full-Time Staff Accountant
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION:
This job is a support position for the Accounting Department a Lumber Company. The
successful applicant must be an innovative self-starter seeking variety in tasks and challenging work. In this role,
the person will contribute to the overall department initiatives by preparing financial information timely and
accurately. A wide variety of duties will be assigned as needed to assist management in achieving their goals.
The job requires the ability to work independently to complete daily accounting activities, including payroll, A/P
cost accounting, property tax listings, and depreciation schedules. This job may include reconciliation of physical
inventory at multiple locations on a monthly basis. This person must be able to incorporate GAAP into everyday
activities and procedures. Must also have the ability to use professional concepts, company policies and
procedures to solve routine problems. Person must possess ability to multi-task, complete work, and meet
deadlines. Frequent contact, interaction and coordination with various departments within the company and
externally with other companies must be done in a professional, efficient manner. This person is required to
become familiar with the all aspects of the company’s accounting procedures in order to provide support for
EXPERIENCE OR TRAINING REQUIRED: Previous professional accounting experience required.
Must have strong data entry and computer skills, preferably with Microsoft Windows/Office and various
LICENSE OR CERTIFICATED REQUIRED: Bachelor Degree in Accounting or equivalent work
- Responsible for daily accounting operations of our wholesale lumber division.
- Assist and prepare monthly reporting to various taxing authorities related to payroll.
- Maintain various general ledgers, including preparation of journal entries, account expense review,
reconciling accounts and resolving account discrepancies.
- Must prepare financial statements in accordance with GAAP.
- Assist in preparation of year-end and interim work schedules for audits.
- Assist Accounting Manager with any financial questions/issues/requests.
- Assist with review of inventory accuracy at various sites.
- Maintenance of fixed asset schedules for internal and tax reporting.
- Assist with compilation of accurate data for property tax returns.
- Ensure internal controls are in place.
- Ability to coordinate tasks with co-workers and work with a variety of personalities.
- Solid understanding of WoodPro. Microsoft Windows. Excel and Outlook.
- Must be able to develop improved methods of processing and reporting data.
- A working knowledge of networking. Great Plains accounting software, and Microsoft Word.
- Knowledge of Human Resource laws and procedures.
- Knowledge of Oregon Worker’s Compensation programs and reporting.
- Knowledge of fringe benefit/pension accounting and due diligence requirements.
This overview is non-exclusive and other duties may be required, added or removed.
- Must be capable of accomplishing needed work without supervision.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail and coordinate various activities simultaneously.
- Must have strong organizational skills in order to be able to multi-task and prioritize.
- Ability to work as an effective team member as well as work independently.
- Ability to communicate with team members and business contacts in a professional effective manner.
- Must have good basic mathematical skills.
- Must have analytical skills to problem-solve discrepancies in data.
- Must be capable of reporting to work on a regular basis and working flexible hours in order to complete
tasks as needed.
- Must be available to travel on occasion.
- Good writing skills helpful.
- Knowledge of lumber nomenclature, terms and sales is helpful – if none, must be willing to learn.
AVERAGE WORK HOURS PER DAY: 8 Hours
SHIFT HOURS: Monday through Friday – 8:00 am to 5:00 pm (hours may vary slightly
as work requires).
36 total views, 4 today