Full-Time Refrigeration Technician
Support Customer start-up and check-out services. Assist with factory and customer witness testing. Service and repair commercial HVAC systems utilizing the theory of refrigerants, circuitry and air distribution systems. Work with a wider range of DX systems with more advanced controls, circuits and multiple compressors.
Other Position Details:
- Operate, maintain, inspect, diagnose, troubleshoot and repair ventilation equipment, pumps, fans, chillers, rooftop AHU’s, split systems, compressors, refrigeration, and other mechanical equipment as necessary.
- Repair or replace motors, compressors, temperature controls, humidity controls, and circulating-ventilation fans to control panels and connects control panels to power source.
- Replace defective breaker controls, thermostats, switches, fuses and electrical wiring to repair installed units.
- Troubleshoot issues and research parts.
- Factory and field Start-up of equipment, to include mechanical, refrigeration and controls.
- Travel and work at customer locations.
- Communicate recommendations and/or solutions to customers via phone or in person.
- Assist in refrigeration system design and component selections.
- Learn and operate basic controls systems used in equipment.
- Assist service group with complex service and warranty work.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Minimum of 2 years of commercial HVAC repair experience with exceptional troubleshooting and diagnosis skills.
- Knowledge of mechanical and refrigeration required.
- Knowledge of air-cooled DX chiller experience required.
- Electrical and plumbing experience is a plus.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Able to travel, over-night, and work overtime as needed.
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs and climb up/down ladders.
- Communicate effectively with customers, vendors, coworkers and management.
- Excellent customer service skills and safety practices.
- Able to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Knowledge and ability to read blueprints on refrigeration, electrical and plumbing.
- Microsoft Office Applications.
- Able to work cooperatively in a team environment.
- Independent, self-motivated with strong follow-through skills.
- Able to work well with very little directive, carry out assignments and prioritize issues.
- Organization and multi-tasking skills.
- Detail oriented.
48 total views, 9 today