Full-Time Recreation Assistant (Jefferson County)
The Recreation Assistant is responsible for the implementation, operation and supervision of assigned recreation programs, activities, and special events. Recreation Assistant works independently and oversees employees, and volunteers under the direction of the Director of Recreation and Aquatics. Key elements in this job include, various administrative duties, oversight of designated administrative duties, planning, organizing, and coordinating recreational services, activities, sporting events, programs for a diverse community population that includes but is not limited to youth, adult, senior adults and persons with disabilities.
Primary Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Plans organizes, and supervises assigned programs, contracted instructor/classes, and activities: monitors day to day operations to ensure smooth and efficient program delivery.
- Performs customer service requirements including but not limited to receive, greets, and directs phone inquiries and visitors, processes patron registrations. Serves as a first point of contact for recreational and aquatic program customers.
- Advises management on recruitment and development of part-time, volunteer and contract employees, recruits’ personnel under direction.
- Formulates weekly work week schedules for recreational staff.
- Initiates and works with the MACRD to assure planned events and activities are publicized and implemented on a timely basis and in an effective fashion.
- Provides necessary orientation and training for recreational staff and coaches and volunteers.
- Enforces MACRD rules of safety and conduct and is the first line of management resolution for problems or issues.
- Must be present at all activities, programs, and special events to supervise staff to ensure a successful and safe outcome will include evenings and weekends and/or major holidays.
- Use of personal vehicle to transport youth sport equipment and supplies.
- Oversees facility reservation processing, reservation data and otherwise arranges for the use of facilities for recreation programs or special events.
- Develops and maintains courteous, professional, and effective working relationship with staff, volunteers, patrons, neighborhood groups, chamber of commerce and other various community partners to explain and promote recreation programs and special events and identify potential needs.
- May perform some light maintenance duties as related to activity area including cleaning surfaces, picking up trash, storing supplies, removing recreation hazards.
- Will be assigned to work in a capacity that supports aquatic programs when needed or out of normal recreational seasonal program and or activities.
- Responsible for managing recreation related labor costs.
- Actively seeks revenue generating events that can be developed and implemented according to MACRD cost recovery model.
- Works with the accounting department to ensure all record keeping procedures are consistently followed.
- Prepares and works with Director of Recreation and Aquatics on operating budget, with support from the Executive Director and financial team.
Knowledge and Skills
- The position requires specialized knowledge of the principles, practices, techniques, and procedures governing recreation program selection, design, and delivery. Requires working knowledge of the procedures used in establishing optimal facility use schedules. Requires working knowledge of human development concepts. Requires knowledge of safety requirements applicable to leading individuals in recreational activity. Requires sufficient math skill to prepare cost summaries and statistics. Requires well-developed language skills to write course descriptions and promotional materials. Requires well-developed human relations skills to convey concepts and conduct training and use courtesy when dealing with others.
- Capacity to multi-task, prioritizing required administrative duties and program responsibilities.
- Ability to conduct program needs assessment, to identify potential recreation programs.
- Requires the ability to learn and apply the rules, regulations, policies, and procedures used by the department in connection with recreational activity.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Be able to function effectively indoors and outdoors in a classroom, sports court, park trail or similar environment.
- Lift and move medium weight materials up to 50 pounds
Education and Experience
- The position typically requires a bachelor’s degree in recreation, physical education or related field of study and prior experience leading recreation programs. Experience designing and implementing recreation and educational programs may substitute for some higher education. Education degrees in other fields, training or job experience may also be considered.
Licenses, Certifications, Qualifications
- Requires a valid driver’s license.
- Requires successful completion of pre-employment screening tests up to and including Drug Screen.
- Professional rescue CPR/AED and first aid Certification – current or ability to obtain within 3 months.
- American Red Cross Lifeguard Certificate – current or ability to obtain within 6 months.
- Salary Range: $30,000-40,000.
- Full health, vision, and dental Insurance Coverage.
- Retirement Plan
- Long term disability, Life insurance, Paid holidays, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Leave.
- Monthly cell phone stipend.
#OregonJobs #WeAreHiring #HelpWanted #JOBS #Applytoday! #CentralOregonPEOCompany #StaffingDrugTestingHumanResources #JobMarket #Careers #Opportunityawaits #ReferaFriend #RecDistrict #Recreation #MACRD
869 total views, 2 today