Full-Time Prep Cook for Local Resort
The Prep Cook/Dishwasher will assist in the preparation of meals by chopping vegetables, making salads, and putting together entrees. Although this role generally does not include line cook duties, it provides the ideal opportunity to develop and use many of the skills essential to becoming a cook. Such skills include proficiently being able to utilize a wide range of kitchen tools including proper knife handling.
- Food preparation, chopping vegetables, making salads and putting together entrees.
- Ensuring that food is properly stored.
- Performing kitchen maintenance; emptying the trash, mopping floors and washing dishes.
- Learns and adheres to the designated cooking methods to assist in preparing the appropriate menu items consistently.
- Strives to learn to improve cooking skills and expands knowledge about food products and techniques.
- Assists with the cleaning, sanitation, and organization of the kitchen, walk-in coolers and all storage areas.
- Performs additional responsibilities as requested by the Chef, Sous Chef or Kitchen Manager at any time.
- Some kitchen experience helpful, but not required
- Professional communication skills are required.
- Ability to take direction.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure.
- Food Handlers permit required.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and some holidays.
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours).
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift/move 50 pounds.
Pay starts at $15/hr DOE
1 total views, 1 today