Full-Time Piping Helpers
Piping Helpers perform a variety of tasks. Tasks that require little skill can be learned quickly. Duties include using, supplying or holding materials or tools, and cleaning work area and equipment. Works under direct supervision. Primary functions do not typically require exercising independent judgement. Must have the ability to read and interpret instructions and documentation. The level and degree of job responsibilities and requirements may vary depending on experience.
Work is performed indoors in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
- Assist pipe fitters in the layout, assembly, and installation of piping systems.
- Prep and clean materials for installation.
- Loads, transports and unloads materials, tools, equipment, and supplies.
- Moving materials.
- Assist piping installers and Technicians by carrying tools and moving materials to work areas.
- Kit/Compile parts required per project specifications.
- Cut or drill holes in walls or floors to accommodate the passage of pipes.
- Cut pipe and lift up overhead to piping installers.
- Disassemble and remove damaged or worn pipe.
- Fit or assist in fitting valves, couplings, or assemblies to tanks, pumps, or systems, using hand tools.
- Cut pipe using hacksaw, pipe cutter, and roll cutters.
- Threads pipe using threading machine.
- Mount brackets and pipe hangers on walls and ceilings to hold pipe.
- May assist in lifting, positioning, and securing of material and work pieces during installation.
- Assembles and installs a variety of metal or nonmetal pipes and pipe fittings, using threaded soldering, brazing, fused, or cemented joints, and hand tools.
- Secures pipes to structure with bracket, clamps, and hangers, using hand and power tools.
- Performs minor maintenance of cleaning activities of tools and equipment.
- Responsible for observing and complying with all safety and project rules. Perform other duties as required.
- Other duties as required.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 1 year of construction experience preferred.
- No experience necessary, but a plus
- Able to read a tape measure
- Mechanical aptitude and knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices preferred
- Work at heights without fear
- Able to lift up to 50lbs frequently, but with team lifting
- Knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in the construction field a plus.
- Use basic hand tools and assorted power tools.
- Reliable transportation
- Good attendance record
- Able to work day or swing shift, if needed.
42 total views, 1 today