Full-Time Licensed Medical Assistant
Job Knowledge: Demonstrated ability to clearly document signs and symptoms gathered from patient using the appropriate types and level of medical terminology. Continuously use interpersonal skills with a consistent and even demeanor to provide a calming influence. Use knowledge and experience in the application of medical care directed by provider and in the use of medical terminology. May be asked to mentor/teach in specific situations with the support and guidance of the Nurse Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains in-depth knowledge, skills, and techniques associated with the position and uses them in accordance with pertinent laws and regulations.
- Maintains reliable and consistent attendance in addition to timeliness associated with role.
- Ensure physicians schedule stays on time and patients are seen in an efficient manner.
- Room patient; taking and recording vitals. Update patient chart with any new information.
- Triage patient needs in person or over the phone and relay signs and symptoms to RN or physician for direction.
- Coordinate patient care with a specialist and/or get diagnostic testing as ordered by the physician.
- Transmit patient prescriptions for their convenience.
- Handle phone messages from patients and/or providers.
- Provide appropriate information for continuity of patient care.
- Assist physician in performing basic procedures.
- Utilize phlebotomy skills to draw blood for lab testing and diagnostic.
- Give injections as ordered by physician.
- Follow clinic policy and protocol to properly dispose of bio hazardous waste.
- Maintain equipment in a sterile and functional condition.
- Ensure assigned areas are stocked with supplies.
- Follow clinic policy and applicable law when dispensing and/or wasting narcotics.
- Maintain valid CPR/BLS certification.
- Licensure/Certification: Medical Assistant certification required. Current CPR/BLS certification required. Current LRT Permit a plus but not required.
We look forward to visiting with you. Submit an application online or apply in person at Mid Oregon Personnel 213 SW 4th St. Suite 100 Madras Oregon.
How to ApplyIf this sounds like you, please apply with us today! Visit www.midoregonpersonnel.com to complete an application. After you have submitted the application, please call us to schedule an interview. Please be prepared to bring a resume to your scheduled interview. We look forward to hearing from you! To apply for this job fill out our job application.
122 total views, 2 today