Full-Time Internship Coordinator – Redmond
If you have a passion for connecting people and making an impact on your community, this is a great opportunity for you to serve as the Internship Coordinator for the Redmond community! In many aspects, this role serves a as a matchmaker for businesses and students of all levels – high school, college and university.
Where You Get to Live!
Redmond, Oregon is located in the heart of Central Oregon! Located in near the Cascade Mountain range and surrounded by numerous lakes and rivers, Central Oregon is an outdoor enthusiast’s paradise. Check out the sights and sounds of the region at: https://vimeo.com/200038114.
What You Get to Do!
Primary responsibilities are to coordinate work experience opportunities for young people in the greater Redmond area with a specific focus on efforts to catalyze employers to create internships, apprenticeships and other meaningful short-term employment. The Internship Coordinator is responsible for the overall development, implementation, daily operation, and evaluation of the Youth Career Connect program for the greater Redmond area. The Coordinator works with local business leaders to promote the program and assess employer needs for qualified internship candidates. The Coordinator also works with schools, local government and non-profits to lead workshops and develop opportunities for young people with regards to work experience and work readiness skills. The Coordinator reports directly to the EDCO Bend Internship Coordinator & Regional Managing Director.
- Develop business contacts and internship sites, bringing new businesses on board to host youth interns. Utilizes Chamber of Commerce and other client databases to create active lists of employers willing to mentor students and encourage internship opportunities at their place of employment.
- Coordinate with designated school and non-profit program staff to recruit and provide individual advising to students interested in having meaningful work opportunities.
- Help businesses develop internships.
- Match students with companies to achieve mutually beneficial outcomes.
- Support businesses to be successful at hosting student interns, including consultation around program design, position descriptions, human resources options, and other support during the internship term.
- Design and implement marketing strategies to identify, attract and involve students, employers and faculty (K-12, COCC, OSU-Cascades) in the internship program.
- Assemble and maintain files for each participating student including documentation of progress and related paperwork such as: resumes, agreement forms, assignments, and employer evaluations. Maintain database of student referrals, placements and outcomes and match them up with employer needs.
- Coordinate additional activities including; internship site visits, intern spotlights, internship fairs, and other special programming. Organize and deliver presentations related to the Program, the development of critical workplace skills and the career planning and job search process.
- Assist in identifying, developing and maintaining internship opportunities while also maintaining positive relationships with employers.
- Collaborate with internship advisors within schools and programs to provide high quality and academically relevant work experiences whenever possible/practicable.
- Facilitate the resolution of concerns brought forward by employers, students and/or faculty.
- Track your progress and share success stories about the impact students have had on local employers and how students have benefited from real-world work experience.
What You Will Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in field relevant to position requirement is preferred, however a combination of relevant work experience may substitute for a Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience working with business groups, internships, placement, student development, employment recruiting, sales, or other relevant experience.
- The ability to establish and maintain effective work relationships with business leaders, students, faculty, staff, and the public is paramount. This is not a work-from-home opportunity.
- While the position will have several resources for feedback and evaluation, the Coordinator must have a track record and aptitude for working autonomously and with initiative.
- A focus on detail and quality without sacrificing responsiveness in a fast-paced environment.
- Current knowledge of the job market and occupations, industry trends and area companies is a bonus initially, but is critical for long-term success.
- Public speaking to both small and large groups may be required, and general communication via phone, email, in writing, and in person is an important aspect of this role.
- Ability to organize work effectively, conceptualize and prioritize objectives and exercise independent judgment based on an understanding of organizational policies and activities is also required.
- Working knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office programs, a CRM database and other office equipment is necessary.
100% employer paid medical, vision and dental insurance, matching retirement contributions, vacation and holiday pay.
37 total views, 5 today