Full-Time Facilities Technician
Under general supervision, this position is primarily responsible for the maintenance and successful, productive and efficient operation of all production and facilities equipment. Responsibilities include equipment maintenance, calibration, movement, installation, troubleshooting, and repair as well as facility evaluation in preparation of new equipment. The overlying function for this position is support and optimization for production activities related to production and facilities equipment.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs mechanical, electrical, welding, plumbing, and carpentry installation and repairs of facilities equipment.
- Defines, performs, and schedules PM activities for manufacturing equipment.
- Helps establish and maintain all equipment maintenance logs in our Smart Maintenance software program.
- Performs equipment upgrades and installations to improve production methods, equipment performance and quality of product.
- Reviews engineering documentation to ensure all required information is provided and works with Engineering to correct any discrepancies.
- Ensures all activities are completed in a timely, correct manner to support production schedules and proper machine operation.
- Assists with maintaining an adequate spare parts inventory for all equipment.
- Assists outside contractors as needed.
- Complies with all provisions of lock out / tag out program and ensures all contractors comply with the program.
- Fabricates complex fixtures and jigs for engineering and production use.
- Reviews and modifies existing machine programs as necessary.
Skills & Abilities
- Programming and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
- High mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to safely use hand and power tools to perform maintenance tasks.
- 1-2 years of hands on experience with electrical, electromechanical, plumbing, carpentry, pneumatic installation and repair or equivelent
- Requires a working knowledge of all production and facilities equipment.
- Working knowledge of fabrication, machining, and welding skills.
- May occasionally be required to work overtime.
- Typically requires a high school education or equivalent and 1-2 years of hands on experience with electrical, electromechanical, plumbing, carpentry, pneumatic installation and repair or equivalent.
US Citizenship/Permanent US Residency requirements as outlined below:
This job requires access to technology, materials, software or hardware that is controlled by the export laws of the United States. Candidates are required to provide proof of either US citizenship, Permanent US residency or classification as a protected individual as defined in 8 USC 1324b (a) (3).
This is an EEO/AAP employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status or status as a disabled veteran.
Must be available to work overtime and Saturdays as required.
Local candidates only, No relocation package available.
This position is for the Swing Shift (2nd shift). The 2nd shift begins at 3:00pm Monday afternoon. Shift hours are currently 3:00pm to 11:30pm and are subject to change. Additional overtime is a requirement of this position.
How to ApplyIf this sounds like you, please apply with us today! After you have submitted the application, please call us to schedule an interview. Please be prepared to bring a resume to your scheduled interview. We look forward to hearing from you! To apply for this job fill out our job application.
342 total views, 2 today