Full-Time Experienced Accounting Professional full time
Engineering manufacturing company in need of a controller. Company offers generous benefits, including 90% employer paid medical, full coverage dental and vision, and 401K with 4% employer match. Annual bonuses (depending on annual business), and optional company paid cell phone.
The controller position is responsible for the accounting operations for the company. Responsibilities include; the production of periodic financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company’s reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles or international financial reporting standards. The controller also serves as the go-to for human resource needs, payroll, and benefit management among other duties.
- Oversee the accounting operations and Human Resources of the company
- Produce financial reports, budgets and month-end reports for senior management
- Maintain system of accounting records and controls to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company’s reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with GAAP
- Reconcile bank and credit card statements
- Accounts Payable-Verify accuracy of A/P posting and check run, prepared weekly by Bookkeeper
- Accounts Receivable-Post bank deposits, monitor aging report ensuring payments are collected on time, approve Net 30 terms
- Process payroll and pay related taxes. Oversee the company’s compliance with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Coordinate company benefits including Health/Dental Insurance, FSA plan, 401k, and PTO
- Serve on the safety committee and coordinate company health and safety trainings
- Participates in Management meetings, forecasting and planning sessions, and contributes to the company’s overall growth strategy
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes
Financial Management Strategic Thinking
Technical Capacity Performance Management
Ethical Conduct Communication Proficiency
Business Acumen Customer/Client Focus
Leadership Presentation Skills
Problem Solving/Analysis Results Driven
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in appropriate discipline or equivalent level of experience
- Minimum 5 years previous experience in a high-level finance role with emphasis on manufacturing.
- Minimum 3 years experience in a HR role with experience managing benefit plans and company’s HR programs
- Will have participated as part of management team.
- Experience with SAP Business One accounting software highly desirable
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms and requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies up to 20 pounds.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time as required by business needs. If specified duties listed on a formal Offer of Employment differ from those shown on this document, the Offer of Employment takes precedence.
275 total views, 6 today