Status: Part Time
This client is a private, for hire, passenger transportation provider. Offering a variety
of specialized transportation services including airport transports, executive transports, and NonEmergent Medical Transportation (NEMT). Based in Bend, Oregon we operate primarily in Central Oregon and Tri Counties but do provide services to the entire state of Oregon.
The primary function of the Driver position is transporting clients to and from their destinations in a safe, reliable, and timely manner. Transportation assignments vary including airport transports, wheelchair transports, transporting senior citizens, and transporting individuals with disabilities. Courteous, professional, and compassionate interaction with clients during transports is a must. Drivers utilize mobile applications to receive ride assignments, track trip progress, and
for GPS navigation. The client provides the vehicles and pays for fuel and maintenance. Drivers are required to maintain vehicle cleanliness and notify management when servicing is needed. This is a detail-oriented position where small things make a huge difference.
Responsibilities & Duties:
• Safely operate vehicles in accordance with local and state regulations.
• Operate in an independent environment, utilizing time management skills.
• Work varying shifts with extended hours.
• Pick-up and drop-off clients as scheduled.
• Manage, and follow through, with varying scheduling changes during shift.
• Assist clients with loading and unloading into vehicles, including wheelchairs.
• Safely and properly operate wheelchair lift/ramp equipment.
• Ensure passenger safety during transport.
• Maintain client confidentiality.
• Advise management of maintenance needs & supply levels.
• Deliver vehicle to shop for maintenance needs as instructed by management.
• Notify management, immediately, of any trip incidents or client concerns.
• Communicate in a professional, courteous, and respectful manner with clients &
• Demonstrate effective critical thinking and problem solving skills.
• Utilize mobile applications for trip details, tracking trip progress, and GPS navigation.
• Demonstrate integrity, professionalism, and maturity with a client-oriented mentality.
• Adhere to company dress code and grooming standards
• Must be 21 years of age.
• Possess, and maintain, a current & valid unrestricted Oregon driver’s license.
• Provide a clean DMV driving record.
• Ability to pass criminal background screening.
• Ability to pass drug screening in accordance with Modus drug/alcohol policy.
• Ability to process instruction from management.
• Fluent in English for both speaking and writing.
• Demonstrate excellent verbal and non-verbal communication skills.
• Ability to operate mobile software and applications.
• Ability to remain flexible and adaptable to a varying work environment.
• Familiarity with the local geographic area and basic knowledge of Oregon.
• Ability & willingness to operate vehicle in varying weather conditions.
Minimum Physical Requirements:
• Ability to sit and stand for long periods of time.
• Ability to operate a motor vehicle safely for long periods of time.
• Frequent entering/exiting vehicles.
• Ability to navigate, up/down, stairs.
• Frequent pushing, pulling, and bending while loading/unloading wheelchairs or loading luggage.
- DMV & Criminal history routine periodic checks.
- Drug Screening routine periodic checks.
- Adhere to Professional code of conduct.
- Maintain, in accordance with Modus policy, certification in the following:
- National Safety Council Defensive Driving
- First Aid/ CPR
- Passenger Service & Safety
- Security & Confidentiality Training
- HIPPA & NEMT TrainingWaste/Fraud Identification & Reporting