GENERAL JOB SUMMARY:
Welders perform welding of castings per work instructions, utilizing T.I.G. (Tungsten Inert Gas) in a weld chamber.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Perform welding of castings in a weld chamber per work instructions.
- Perform salvage weld repair of all unacceptable defects in castings.
- Ensure a consistent flow and prioritization of product through the department.
- Perform weld repairs which meet N.D.T. (Non-Destructive Testing) quality levels.
- Welder must distinguish between and weld with various alloys of titanium as specified on router.
- Safely operate all equipment and tools. Adhere to safety rules and report safety problems.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by management.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Satisfactorily perform and pass an in-house welding test.
- Possess a general knowledge of T.I.G. (Tungsten Inert Gas) welding procedures.
- Possess a general knowledge of the post-cast operation of the plant.
- Ability to weld-build to specific dimensional requirements.
- Ability to sit at a welding station for long periods of time.
- Ability to pass a visual examination.
- Ability to read and interpret work instructions.
- Ability to work varying shifts and overtime as needed.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
High School diploma or equivalent.
Previous TIG welding experience with titanium, stainless steel, or aluminum preferred.
Must be able to read work instructions, communicate with coworkers, stand, and sit for extended periods of time, lift up to 35lbs and push/pull up to 75lbs, manually manipulate castings within weld chamber, must be able to wear and work with weld gloves for extended periods of time. Must be able to work in conditions which may include exposure to noise, dust, chemicals, and varying temperatures.