This position is responsible for meeting product schedules and requirements applicable to the standard
procedures related to visual, IPD, finishing. Position accepts, rejects, marks castings, blend or grind FPI, X-ray, Visual, and/or Dimensional indications for further processing based on visual/IPD/finishing and FPI work instructions. Position requires Blueprint, Dimensional and Visual training and demonstrated proficiency in FPI Grind for Weld and Finishing. Position certifies rework blended areas both visual and dimensionally.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Perform work in the areas of visual, in-process dimensional, finishing and Grind for Weld in a productive and efficient manner on all classes of castings, ability to accept/reject where certified stamp is required.
- Assure travelers, rework cards and discrepancy tags are properly completed.
- Maintain accurate documentation; organize time efficiently while focusing on priorities.
- Ability to blend difficult radius to gauges and blend dimensional walls within .001”.
- Understand the operations and flow of parts through the process.
- Proficient with dimensional wall checks using calipers, dyers and straight edge, U.T., Magna Mike,
- Responsible for safe work practices by adhering to safety rules, safely operating all equipment and tools, identifying and reporting any safety problems.
- Maintain a safe and orderly workstation.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by management.
- Must obtain and maintain DV certification stamp
- Inspect and certify Finisher’s work
- Train and mentor new Finishers
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions and work well with limited supervision.
- Ability to pass written and practical exams for DV Certification.
- Ability to lead others and answer questions pertaining to the job and process this includes training of new hires.
- Work in a safe conscientious manner adheres to safety rules.
- Communicate both orally and in writing to co-workers and supervisor
- Ability to work with hands and possess a good mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to pass medical examination and be approved to wear a respirator; ability to pass a respirator fit test which requires no facial hair that interferes with the respirator-to-face piece seal.
- Proficient in basic math (fractions & decimals)
- Ability to use various types of measuring devices.
- Ability to work varying shifts.
Must be able to perform quality assessments, read reports and use computer. Hear to communicate with coworkers. Stand to maneuver and operate tools; mobility between departments. Climb, stoop, kneel. Lift up to 35 pounds to move objects. Push/pull up to 100 pounds to move objects. Write, type and finger/grasp/feel and be able to frequently utilize powered grinding tools. Work in conditions which may include exposure to noise, dust, chemicals, and varying temperatures.