TITLE: PRODUCTION LEAD (SALARIED POSITION)
REPORTS TO: PRODUCTION MANAGEMENT
SUPERVISES: ALL TEAM MEMBERS WITHIN THEIR DEPARTMENT
Effectively promotes teamwork in department. Coordinates with production management in regard to daily production goals, efficiency, cleanliness, safety, and training of Team Members. This position may require extended hours in the day or week to complete tasks, projects or to assure orders are available to ship on the due date.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND DAILY TASKS
- Leads Team Members in projects such as lumber milling, truss building, wrapping, banding and quality control.
- Assures all product setups are accurate prior to run start up.
- Trains all Team Members on all grade/quality requirements for a given product.
- Inspects finished products for quality.
- Production reporting is clean accurate, legible and on time.
- Understands and observes all safety policies and procedures. Relays those to Team Members and assures they are followed.
- Interprets job orders to Team Members.
- Operates equipment related to these activities and trains less-experienced workers on equipment operation and safety to promote the growth and opportunity of our TM’s.
- Ensures equipment is always maintained and running properly, reporting any abnormalities to maintenance in a timely manner.
- Reports work progress to the Production Manager and recommends changes to processes and procedures as appropriate.
- Suggests changes in working conditions and use of equipment as well as any safety issues or potential issues to Production Manager to increase efficiency and safeguard of Team Members.
- Resolves work problems within team or department.
- Reports any disciplinary issues to the Production Manager and may assist in Team Member write ups if required.
- Performs other duties as required by management.
- Advanced knowledge of the operation of all machinery and equipment used within primary job duty.
- Maintains certification to operate equipment if so required.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance.
- Quantity – Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds frequently and on occasion up to 80 pounds.
- 10% of work to be performed in an outdoor environment subject weather, noise, and dust.
- Ability to read, write, and do basic mathematics.
- Bi-Lingual would be helpful but not required
- GREAT PAY & BENEFITS
- $50-$55k Annually DOE
- Great Benefits and 401K