Under the limited supervision of the Clinic Supervisor, this position provides lead billing support for the department. The position includes billing of third-party resource insurances, tracking of billings, monitoring of statistics, and creating invoices to bill partners. This position may be responsible for organizing data and generating standardized reports based on billing. Independent judgment is required to plan, prioritize, and organize diversified workload, to recommend changes in office practices or procedures. Knowledge is needed of medical terminology, public health rules, and insurance billing rules.
Essential Job Functions
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Billing and Electronic Health Record support
· Perform duties required to enter data into computer through various Electronic Health Record (EHR) systems
· Locate EHR charts and review for needed information for billing
· Run reports and initiate corrective action as necessary to ensure accuracy and completeness of information for billing
· Complete and/or input billing/clinical transaction information for Director
· Enter administrative information into computerized database
· Bill Medicaid, Medicare, commercial insurance reproductive health program, and others as applicable
· Follow up on all insurance claims
· Reconcile Ahlers billing reports
· Assist in the development of the yearly budget
· Monitor monthly revenue from billing
· Post all insurance and self-pay payments
· Maintain regular and predictable work attendance
· Assist with Emergency Response activities as needed
· Complete training in ICS 100, 200, 700, 800
· Complete other duties as assigned
1. Technical Capacity
2. Financial Management
4. Communication Proficiency
5. Work Independently
6. Time Management
7. Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
8. Ethical Conduct
1. Timely response to organization-wide initiatives and requirements (i.e. policy compliance, workforce surveys, training documentation)
2. Timely submission of reporting requirements for each assigned program area, including Operational Plan outcomes recorded in VMSG database
3. Timely compliance with State and Federal reporting guidelines
4. Utilization of Basecamp project management software to support department-wide initiatives including website and social media communications
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This position operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit; stand; walk; lift; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Ability to lift up to 20 pounds, twist, and bend.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a part-time position. Days and hours of work may vary.
No travel is expected for this position
Required Education and Experience
· Associates Degree or equivalent (2 years) medical reception or billing experience
· Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a general office practice, electronic health record, computer data entry and customer service field
· Medical biller certification (1 year)
Preferred Education and Experience
· Knowledge of EPIC (electronic health record) computer system
· Experience working in public health or social services
Additional Eligibility Requirements
· Must hold a valid Oregon driver’s license
· Able to complete a thorough employment and/or criminal history check
· Able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug test
· Final candidates will be required to provide official proof of college degree and certified transcripts (not required for all positions)
Safety Sensitive Requirements
· This position is considered to be a safety sensitive position subject to drug screen(s) and adherence to all vaccine/immunity requirements for the healthcare setting.
$19.75 – $22.23 DOE