The Marine Technician is responsible for providing expert level service to our team, as well as our customers by diagnosing and repairing issues with boats in an efficient and accurate manner. Technicians are also responsible for providing our customers with exceptional customer service and ensuring each customer leaves with the desire to come back. We service Yamaha, Indmar, Duckworth, Smoker Craft and are expending our lines.
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Expertly diagnose a wide variety of issues based upon experience, analysis, and testing
- Maintain leading-edge knowledge of marine diagnosis technology
- Assist in the training of new other technicians
- Perform routine service inspections, test, and lubricate engines and other major components
- Repair a variety of boats including inboard, outboard and inboard/outboard, as well as trailers
- Assist in the setup and testing of new boats
- Ability to summarize and winterize boats of all brands
- Be comfortable using a wide range of shop tools and equipment
- Move boats from 12’ – 35’ in length
- Maintain a positive attitude and be a productive member of our team
- Provide our customers with a positive service experience
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment
- Be a problem solver and be willing to tackle anything – Be able to work independently and efficiently
- Provide their own set of hand tools we provide special tools
- Any other requests from supervisor
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Technical Skills: Strong mechanical aptitude, knowledge of engines, knowledge of electrical systems, able to haul, load and unload boats up to 35’ in length.
Trailering: ability to trailer boats safely as well as launch them into the water.
Communication: Able to interact professionally with colleagues, clients, and company personnel, able to clearly and effectively communicate information both orally and in writing. Be able to work with high-net-worth individuals at the shop or on the water.
Humility: ability to honestly and openly communicate any mistakes or mishaps made and can learn from them.
Travel: ability to travel to different for training and/or continuing education
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
- Education/Experience: 3 years of experience in a Technical Repair role preferred
- Computer Skills: Basic computer knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office preferred
- Trailering: trailering experience required
- Operation of boats: Must have an Oregon Boaters Card. Ability to operate a wide range of different boats required
WORK ENVIRONMENT and PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The work environment and physical demands listed below are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities.
- Work Environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually medium to loud. The shop can be moderately dirty, in the winters is it colder and in the summer it can be hot. Outdoor work is required. Work on the water and docks is also expected
- Physical Demands: While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit or crouch for extended periods of time and regularly required to walk. Employee extensively uses hands and fingers to touch, feel, handle. Employee regularly stoops, kneels, bend at the waist, and reaches. Employee is frequently required to speak and hear. Must be able to lift up to 80 pounds on occasion.
Hours are Monday – Friday 8am-5pm and Saturdays 8am-noon during the summer
Pay scale: DOE $16 – $30 per hour with paid vacation, sick leave, paid medical, and 401K