This is an entry level position, and based on quality and experience you may move in to a longer term role.
There is zero tolerance for drug use. Employee MUST pass a Criminal Background check and Pre-employment drug screen for everything including THC.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Operation of block and tackle hoists, electric hoists, electric truck, hand truck, forklifts, and other mechanical devices (tumblers for applying lube to raw materials).
- Application of chemical brighteners to raw materials and the operation of annealing ovens to heat treat copper bullets.
- Operation and general maintenance of a variety of machines i.e. trimmer, extrusion press, finish press, lead extrusion machine, and shear and bump machine.
- Perform constant quality checks on raw materials throughout the manufacturing process.
- The ability to function in a team as a team player while working under repetitive conditions is imperative.
- Must be able to follow instructions from superiors and see those instructions through to completion.
- Attention to detail and the ability to complete work within the requirements of a deadline is an important function of the job.
Must be a high school graduate and possess good math skills; adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing. Additionally, must be able to write clearly and communicate with ease. Mechanical aptitude is essential and the ability to use a micrometer and caliper is essential. Excellent eyesight with or without correction is required and must be at least 18 years of age.
Working conditions require great mobility. Must be able to consistently move/maneuver weights of 35 to 75 pounds and occasionally lift weights of 35 to 45 pounds. Other physical aspects require bending, stooping, squatting and standing on concrete floors, which are often wet, and doing so for long periods at a time. Also required to climb ladders, retrieve materials from storage, etc.
This company has a “Standard of Excellence” code. The Company expects all its personnel to maintain a neat, clean and professional appearance. Please refer to our Employee Appearance Policy.
Assignment could be on first, second, or third shift. PLEASE NOTE: If you are not available to be assigned to any shift, you will not be considered for this position. A 10% differential pay applies to assignment on 2nd shift and 20% differential applies to assignment on 3rd shift.
2pm-10:30pm $17.05/hr (M-F or Tu- Sat)
10pm- 6:30am $18.60/hr (M-F)