The purpose of this position is to ensure the cleanliness of rooms and public spaces. The Room Attendant/Housekeeper position will come in contact with guests and will need to have positive guest interactions. Housekeeping Associates play an important role for our home-away-from-home experience for each of our guests every day.
* Acknowledges and greets guests in public spaces with a warm, friendly greeting.
* Reviews daily inventory of rooms, arrivals and departures.
* Reviews daily inventory of supplies needed to complete the assignments for the day.
* Cleaning of hotel rooms/condos including: dusting, vacuuming, changing bed linens, cleaning bathrooms, kitchen area, lobby and common areas.
* Perform quality cleaning to meet required standards within set time limits.
* Comply with all resort safety guidelines.
* Pick up ground litter around hotel or whatever visible.
* May perform similar duties as requested by supervisor.
* Housekeeping and customer service experience required
* Strong organizational skills required.
* Must be fluent in verbal and written English.
* Must have attention to detail.
* Be able to lift up to 35 lbs.
* Great customer service skills.
Discretion / Independent Judgment
This position does represent the company in handling complaints, arbitrating disputes or resolving grievances. As an Room Attendant/Housekeeper you will be expected to work with Associates and visitors to ensure satisfaction. A Room Attendant/Housekeeper will have to take initiative and get creative in resolving challenges and involve a manager only when previous methods have been unsuccessful.
* Ability to speak and hear
* Close and distance vision
* Identify and distinguish colors
* Frequent sitting with some walking and standing at times
* Frequently lifts/carries up to 15 lbs
* Occasionally lifts/carries up to 35 lbs
* Continual use of manual dexterity and gross motor skills with frequent use of bi-manual dexterity and fine motor skills
* Able to reach hands and arms in any direction and kneel, stoop or crouch repeatedly
* May be indoor or outdoor setting
* Varied weather conditions are expected
* Will work near moving or mechanical parts
* May work on high or precarious places
* Varying schedule to include evenings, holidays and extended hours as business dictates