The Financial Analyst II prepares accurate periodic financial and operational reporting materials, including preparation for the monthly financial review and quarterly Board meetings. They proactively anticipate and research variances, and document fluctuations in a thorough and precise manner. They will also design and build financial models and prepare presentations to support budgets, forecasting, and other projects and analysis as assigned, applying relevant market and economic indicators as applicable. Work assignments are of greater difficulty or larger financial impact than those given to first level analysts. This position is based at the Les Schwab Headquarters in Bend, Oregon.
20%: Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports, comparing performance to Company Plans, budgets and other metrics as requested.
- Identify and follow-up on action items arising from these reviews.
- Proactively research changes and drivers, anticipating questions and developing new analysis as needed.
- Document findings in concise documents, tailored to various levels of stakeholders. Identify opportunities for process improvement and efficiency.
- Includes cross-functional collaboration as needed.
20%: Support department forecast and projection processes.
- Prepare forms and templates, and review for reasonable trends and results.
- Develop assumptions based on Company, industry and macroeconomic conditions.
- Complete projection process from start to finish, including P&L, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow statements.
- Assist with development of business modeling, using sound basis for judgment and decision making.
- Review and confirm results appear reasonable and tie to available support.
20%: Support Company capital and operating budget processes.
- Independently prepare and distribute templates, provide phone support to users, and review and compile results.
- Propose and develop process improvements.
- Review budget to actual results, troubleshooting and researching detailed variances.
- Lead/own a subsection of the overall budget process.
20%: Support company-wide initiatives by independently framing, preparing and summarizing ad-hoc financial analysis requests in a timely manner.
- Ensure inputs and assumptions are accurate and validated to source systems.
- Prepare presentations with some guidance and feedback.
- These requests often have quick turnarounds.
20%: Research and update dashboards and reports with current market and competitor trends, and industry and economic indicators.
- Monitor and apply relevant market and macro-economic indicators to financial and business condition reporting and financial analysis.
- Bachelor Degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field and 3+ years of financial planning and analysis or accounting experience, including financial reporting, forecasting and budgeting. Equivalent education/experience considered.
- Primary skills and tools: Advanced PC skills including Excel and Google Suite, Oracle EPM and Smart View (or working knowledge of similar financial reporting systems)
- Secondary systems (experience a plus): Thoughtspot, Tableau, Netsuite
- Ability to analyze financial statements and create financial models in Google Sheets
- Solid understanding of accounting and finance fundamentals