Eberhard’s Dairy is a family-owned business operating in Central Oregon for over 70 years in Redmond, Oregon. Eberhard’s Dairy is a stable and well-established business, with strong commitment to producing quality products. Eberhard’s Dairy is seeking a Sales Representative with excellent communication and leadership skills to manage our Bend and outlying area sales.
Overseeing the day-to-day sales and deliveries; including but not limited to managing sales, obtaining new business/customers, and increasing product placement with existing customers. This position requires excellent communication and time management skills.
Sales Representative position reports to the Executive Management Team comprised of: Mark Eberhard, Owner/General Manager, Shawn Sahlberg, Route Sales Manager, and Michelle Wobbe, Executive Administrator.
Job Description and Duties:
- Interface and direct our route sales and delivery drivers, and store merchandisers.
- Communicate concerns, issues, and potential opportunities to the Eberhard’s management team.
- Provide leadership to employees and lead by example.
- Develop sales strategies and set sales goals for self and team.
- Prepare and submit weekly and daily schedules with goals and metrics, keeping in mind the need to be flexible and reactive to shifting priorities.
- Attend daily sales meetings, route sales meetings, and team goal setting meetings.
- Stay up-to-date on routes, customers, new businesses in the area, products, pricing, and market changes.
- Ensure company compliance with safety and adherence to company policies.
- Maintain a strong knowledge of all products: both current and new.
- Answer and return all phone calls, text messages, and emails daily from customers, co-workers, and management.
- Report vehicle and safety concerns to distribution.
- Tend to customer requests, complaints, and demands. Communicate any necessary concerns to the management team.
- Examine customer bills and collect payments when necessary.
- Monitor Eberhard’s shelf space in existing stores to make sure that there are no changes to our dairy or ice cream sets.
- Assist in store resets and placement as needed.
- Hand out and communicate all price changes to accounts and drivers.
- When staff is shorthanded, assist by covering the route drivers or office duties.
- Other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will be/have:
- A strong focus on sales to include generating new business and maintaining/developing existing business.
- A commitment to excellent customer service, attention to detail, and a superior work ethic.
- A team player with an outgoing personality.
- A stable work history. (Excluding those that are new to the work force, temporary or seasonal work experience, or where lack of stability of work history that was a direct result of the recession.)
- Meet employer’s neat and well-groomed appearance standards.
This is a full-time, Monday-Friday position with occasional weekends and holidays. Employer is open on holidays; Closed Christmas Day, New Year’s Day, and Thanksgiving Day.
- Monday – Friday Work Day structure 6:45am – 4:00pm on site/territory sales
- Accessible via Phone, text, emails during employer working hours/days
- Employer provides company vehicle and cell phone for use during daily sales
- Benefits: Employer offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including health and wellness insurance for employee and family with co-pay/deductibles, paid vacation, and sick leave after a probationary period. Health Insurance is available the 1st day of the month following a 60 day waiting period. An optional dental plan and 401k are also available. Please see handbook for full benefits outline.
Pre-Employment/Continuing Employment Notes
- Employment contingent on a preliminary DMV and Annual MVR review.
- Employment contingent on pre-employment drug screening, which includes marijuana screening, and periodic random drug screenings.
- Employment contingent on review of Criminal and Background Check.
- A noncompetition agreement is required as a condition of employment.