The Custodian ensures a clean and safe environment for the students and staff at PBCCS. supervision of Facilities Lead, the Custodian performs routine cleaning, maintenance and the school building and grounds.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Sweeps, scrubs, waxes and polishes vinyl, linoleum, tile, wood floors or other surfaces.
- Vacuums and shampoos rugs and carpets in school, offices and rooms.
- Cleans and dusts walls, furniture, woodwork, lockers and other equipment.
- Picks up papers and other refuse on grounds and sweeps walks and entrances.
- Cleans and polishes metal work such as door panels and handrails.
- Empties and cleans waste containers.
- Assists in moving or rearranging chairs, tables, desks, furniture and other equipment.
- Replaces light globes and tubes.
- Maintains equipment used in the course of work.
- Performs special custodial work upon the request of staff members and supervisor.
- Makes minor maintenance repairs to furniture and other building fixtures.
- Reports safety, sanitary, fire hazards and needed maintenance/security repairs to 13. Assists in the complete cleaning and routine maintenance of buildings and grounds.
- Cleans restrooms, which includes scrubbing toilets, sinks and drinking fountains, washing mirrors, walls, and filling dispensers.
- Washes windows throughout the school/facility.
- Cleans assigned classroom desks, sinks, and countertops in a timely manner.
- Washes, vacuums, or dusts food dispensers, the cafeteria freezer, windowsills, showcases, exposed beams, skylights, fire alarm bells, fire sprinkler pipes, and other surfaces.
- Meets and assists members of the public who have permission to use the facilities.
- Assures the cleanliness of an assigned section of the school building.
- Performs support services for special events and other activities at the school. This duty involves setting up chairs and/or tables, positioning bleachers, placing or removing mats in the gymnasium, unlocking doors and courteously responding to inquiries from students, teachers, and others utilizing the facilities.
- Required to provide contact phone numbers for call out lists and respond to after hour and weekend emergencies such as fire alarms, security alarms, snow removal, water leaks and vandalism.
- This duty may require adjustment of regular work hours necessary to cope with the problem.
- Removes snow and ice from walkways as required by weather conditions.
- Secures buildings as directed.
- Fulfills other related duties as assigned.
- Fulfills performance standards identified in the evaluation process as required by the position.
- Fulfills working conditions and physical effort listed below.
- High school diploma or the equivalent.
- Able to relate well to students, staff and public.
- Read, understand and carry out oral and/or written instructions.
- Adhere to the federal requirements of a drug-free workplace.
- Able to perform custodial functions at the rate expected of custodians in the same building.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Possess the physical ability to regularly attend work and fulfill the essential functions of the position, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Lift, move, or be able to carry objects weighing 60 lbs.
- Use cleaning materials and equipment.
- Responsibilities may require the employee to stand and/or walk for long periods of time.
- Able to work from scaffolding and an 8′ ladder.
Full Time, $15-$18.60/hour + Benefits