DUTIES: The custodian will be responsible to the head teacher for immediate decisions, with final action reserved to the Board.
Qualifications (but not limited to):
- Ability to clean and maintain the instructional facilities;
- Knowledge of operation of janitorial equipment.
Performance responsibilities (but not limited to):
- Keep building and premises, including sidewalks, parking area, and play areas neat and clean at all times; remove snow, apply ice melt
- Maintenance of buildings; including coordinating repair visits and meeting with service and repair technicians.
- Upkeep of grounds and equipment (such as painting playground equipment);
- Keep all floors and windows clean;
- Dust furniture;
- Clean chalkboards regularly;
- Keep a supply of toilet tissue, paper towels and soap out and keep lavatories clean;
- Empty wastebaskets and burn papers. Empty burning barrels as needed;
- Performs emergency repair or cleaning as necessary;
- Performs minor repairs to plumbing and electrical fixtures, as needed;
- Regulate thermostats at end of day appropriate to season; it is preset now
- Be responsible that buildings are securely locked and report any vandalism immediately to teacher or clerk.
- Is the district’s Integrated Pest Management, Lead and Asbestos Coordinator and attends required training.
- Coordinates with the Board to perform two water tests per school year.
- Service fire extinguishers annually (August) American Fire Protection 541-504-4969 or AJ 541-280-0219 p. Attend and report to board at monthly board meetings.
- This position reports to head teacher.
- Location: Ashwood, OR (Approx.. 30-miles northeast of Madras, OR.)
- Ashwood School District #8 serves grades K-6.
- $20.00 – $22.00 per hour (DOE)