Our mission is to provide comprehensive, evidence-based treatment services to improve the lives of adolescents, young adults and families affected by substance use and mental health problems. We create a foundation for healing, strengthen family connections, and offer hope for a brighter future
- Plan, prepare, and serve meals and snacks.
- Follow all safety and sanitary rules and regulations related to food handling.
- As needed, fill in for the Kitchen Manager during sick and vacation time.
ESSENTIAL POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES
Knowledge and Skills:
- Comply with the NSLP and USDA rules, regulations, and nutritional requirements.
- Organize food preparation and serving operations to meet fixed schedules.
- Prepare food for special occasions.
Kitchen Storage and Organization:
- Maintain daily paper work, including food temperature logs to monitor and ensure food quality.
- Ensure proper rotation of inventory.
- Maintain kitchen equipment within sanitary specifications.
Maintain Structure and Organization:
- Clean kitchen and cafeteria to maintain professional standards.
GENERAL POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Health and Safety
- Adhere to safety/health requirements.
- Obtain and maintain certification under the Oregon School Food Services Certification Plan.
- Maintain current Oregon Food Handler’s Card.
- Maintain familiarity with emergency plans/procedures.
- Maintain current certification in First Aid and CPR.
- Demonstrate care for equipment, buildings, and all other agency resources.
- Professionalism and Communication:
- Uphold good attendance/punctuality.
- Use time effectively/efficiently.
- Complete assigned duties on time.
- Follow through on commitments/responsibilities.
- Notify supervisor of issues in timely manner.
- Provide direct and effective written/verbal communication.
- Address conflict professionally, uses program lines of communication.
- Attend in-service trainings and meetings.
- Effective Agency Functioning:
- Work collaboratively and respectfully with community partners, staff, peers, and administration.
- Model cohesiveness by working collaboratively with others, demonstrating to staff that all jobs are essential for healthy work environments and quality care.
- Adhere to policies and procedures, as well as safe work practices.
- Remain flexible with scheduling.
- Work holidays and weekends, as needed.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Follow agency policy and procedures.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Participate in quality improvement efforts.
- Adhere to code of ethics.
EVALUATION CRITERIA: Performance evaluation will be completed on a yearly basis at minimum. All new hires are subject to a 90 day review period.
Minimum Qualifications: High school diploma or equivalent. Applicant must pass DHS standards for criminal background check, and hold no felony convictions of any kind within the last 3 years.