Our client is looking for a Controller to join their leadership team who is smart, curious, humble, a critical thinker, and a great team player who has relevant experience and wants to be part of a great culture. Join us now in Bend and move with us in April to a new 26,000 sq-ft office/warehouse in Redmond, OR.
· Protect and maximize return on financial assets.
· Guide financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies, procedures, and internal controls.
· Oversee and administer to third party external audits.
· Month-end closing and financial statements timely.
· Maintain account reconciliations.
· Oversee the work of the Accounting Department, including A/P, A/R, Time Entry, and Payroll (processed by third party).
· Familiar with various regulations such as Prevailing Wage, Certified Payroll, Union Labor and benefit rules, multi-state overtime regulations and workers compensation rules.
· Prepare state sales/use tax returns, property tax returns, and misc. legal filings.
· Cash management, day to day banking and forecasting.
· Negotiating and compliance with bank lines of credit, leases
· Prepares and achieves budget objectives by scheduling expenditures, collections, analyzing variances, consolidating financial data, recommending plans, and initiating corrective actions.
· Collaborate with company’s CPAs on annual reviews and tax returns.
· Administer company’s insurance policies and certain company benefit plans including 401k plan.
· Various financial analysis and review of estimates.
· Fixed asset tracking.
· Project cost accounting including budget vs actual and the set up/tracking of jobs and cost codes in accounting software.
· Ability to review construction and rental contracts and matters that effect billing and cash flow.
· Ability to assist with contract administration duties as needed.
· Maintains financial staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
· Maintains financial staff excellence by coaching, counseling, and feedback. communicating with employees, planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
Our ideal candidate will have:
· High energy, ability to multitask and keep calm under pressure.
· Ability to explain financial results in a clear concise manner.
· Excellent coaching, trainer, and communication skills.
· Process, deadline & results oriented, focused on efficiency, improving methods, and minimizing expenses.
· Meticulous and accurate.
· Keen ability to anticipate, plan and deliver on deadlines.
· Fast learner, adaptive, and resourceful with previous construction finance and accounting experience.
Controller Qualifications / Skills:
· Developing and managing processes.
· Financial software (Foundation preferred)
· Auditing, accounting, and corporate finance.
· Tracking budget and actual expenses.
· Analyzing financial and legal information.
· Developing budgets.
· Performance management.
Education and Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance.
· Minimum 5-10 years’ experience in accounting/finance.
· Experience in working with multiple legal entities under different legal umbrellas.
· Current experience with GAAP financial reporting requirements.
· Please respond with a cover letter and resume.
· Pay DOE, 401k Plan administration & match, Paid Holidays, PTO, Medical/Dental, Vision