POSITION: Certified Recovery Mentor (CRM)
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short Term Disability, Health Reimbursement Account (HRA)
- 13 Holidays per year, 7 of which are paid.
- 6 Days of Personal Time Off per Year
Job Type: Full Time, Hourly $15.00 – $18.00, depending on experience
A Recovery Mentor will provide support to people from all programs. This position will consist of but not be limited to home visits, telephone contacts, transportation, referrals and advocacy. They will work with their Supervisor to design and implement education, referral and parent components of the program.
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Prepare Recovery Plans with clients
- Maintain case notes for all client contact.
- Telephone contact with clients
- Individual Coaching Sessions at the office, in the client’s home and in the community.
- Provide client transportation
- Assist clients in accessing community resources
- Provide recovery coaching for clients during activities
- Support & participate in Treatment groups
- Provide individual, couple and family support
- Attend program activities, staff meetings and individual clinical supervision appointments.
- Complete required documentations and staff client participation to with Clinical Supervisor.
- Collect and observe urine drug screens as needed & Additional duties as assigned
Mentors will be responsible for assisting group facilitator’s and supporting group activities to ensure that they are sufficiently supervised and run smoothly. Mentors will maintain a personal recovery program, if appropriate, as well as model recovery-appropriate behavior. Participate and provide recovery mentor services to people involved with Turning Points Recovery Services.
- Must possess or be able to obtain Certified Recovery Mentor credential issued by the Addiction Counselor Certification Board of Oregon (ACCBO).
- Familiarity with substance abusing population and people with disabilities.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- A minimum of 2 years of recovery experience for those identifying as in recovery.
Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of alcohol & drug addiction Treatment; community resources and recovery programs.
- Communicate clearly, concisely and effectively orally and in writing.
- Work well with parents and children of diverse backgrounds
- Work independently and as a team member.
- Ability to function in crisis situations.