POSITION: Certified Alcohol & Drug Counselor (CADC)
A Certified Alcohol & Drug Counselor (CADC) must work closely with all staff members to facilitate a professional treatment team. They will be responsible for intakes, assessments and for creating treatment plans according to DSM-V criteria and ASAM criteria.
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide accurate and confidential documentation to referral sources.
- Model appropriate behavior and help train new staff.
- Set and maintain boundaries with all staff and clients.
- Collect and observe urine drug screens as needed.
The Certified Alcohol & Drug Counselor (CADC) will also provide individual and group counseling as well as case management services. They will need to provide gender specific psycho-educational life skills for relapse prevention to individuals, families and groups. Also, potentially engage with clients whom may be incarcerated.
- CADC 1 or higher
- Must have working knowledge of DSM-V SUD diagnosis.
- Must have working knowledge of ASAM dimensions.
- Must have working knowledge of Treatment Planning
- Must have working knowledge of the Transtheoretical Model of Change.
- Must have working knowledge of Motivational Interviewing.
- A minimum of 2 years of recovery experience for those identifying as in recovery.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short Term Disability, Health Reimbursement Account (HRA)
- 13 Holidays per year, 7 of which are paid.
- 6 Days of Personal Time Off per Year
Job Type: Full-Time
Salary: $36,000 – $42,000.00 (Depending Credentials & Experience)