Come work in sunny Central Oregon at a manufacturer of high-tech equipment in an explosive market! We work with Clean Room, Commercial HVAC, and Data Center Cooling markets. There is always room for growth, and to become a leader at BasX. We are looking for driven, hardworking individuals to succeed and grow with us. We look forward to meeting you!
Compensation to start at $18-$22hr DOE. Pay is very competitive with the industry and is based upon knowledge and working experience.
Weld and join Stainless and aluminum materials. Operate appropriate equipment to put together mechanical structures or parts with a great deal of precision. A crucial aspect of this job is quality
control, as they must inspect both raw materials and finished products for compliance with safety and company standards.
A welder must be competent in using potentially dangerous equipment following all safety precautions. The ideal candidate will also have a steady hand and great attention to detail.
Knowledge of different kinds of metal and their properties is essential.
Able to weld MIG, TIG and Aluminum.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Read blueprints and drawings and take or read measurements to play layout and procedures.
• Determine the appropriate welding equipment or method based on requirements.
• Set up components for welding according to specifications.
• Weld components together to fabricate products according to layouts, blueprints, or work orders, using a variety of arc, metal inert or tungsten inert gas welding equipment.
• Operate angle grinders to prepare the parts that must be welded.
• Align components using tape measure etc. and clamp pieces together.
• Weld components in various positions (vertical, horizontal and overhead).
• Maintain equipment in a condition that does not compromise safety.
• Provide experience as a welder.
• Experience using a variety of welding equipment and procedures.
• Ability to read and interpret technical documents and drawings.
• Knowledge of relative safety standards and willingness to use protective clothing (face shield, sleeves, gloves, etc.)
• Deftness and attention to detail.
• Must be able to pass a background and drug screen
Start all projects by reading and interpreting blueprints, technique sheets, and other specifications, which
must be followed accurately. Afterwards, plan the procedure, calculating dimensions and preparing the
Observe Safety Procedures
Must observe safety procedures at all times, staying up to date with ISO and FDA regulations and reporting
any potential issues to management right away. Keep equipment in excellent working condition and follow a
clean-up routine at the start and end of each workday.
Punctuality is very important and the flexibility for working overtime when needed. 40+ hrs a week is
not uncommon and is mandatory when requested by the supervisor/Lead