We’re hiring a 1st Shift Packaging Operator. Wages start at $18.63. We’re looking for a team-oriented person interested in contributing to Humm’s success. We offer great employee perks, and hope you’ll consider joining our tight-knit Packaging Operator team!
Our Operators are responsible to operate the packaging machines under the guidance of mechanical support and packaging supervision within company specifications.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works in compliance with Food Safety Management System and Good Manufacturing Practices
- Work in all positions on the bottling, canning, and kegging lines
- Intensive cleaning done daily, working with chemicals that require PPE
- Work safely in accordance to SOPs, and company guidelines in the manufacturing area
- Perform packaging operations according to current SOPs
- Maintains cleanliness and sanitation of all equipment, tanks and work areas.
- Participate in the continued progress of SOP development
- Communicate daily with team members in alignment with Humm culture and core values
- Work in regular alignment with core Humm values, engage in Humm self-governing/correcting culture, and work in accordance with Humm policies set forth in the staff handbook
- Ability to work outside of scheduled shifts to meet packaging daily goals and defined outcomes
- Accountability meeting or exceeding company standards in quality, including but not limited to accurate labeling, product handling, and packaging procedures.
- Maintain accurate recordings of logs, batch tickets, and tracking.
- Monitor the production line, watching for problems and QC issues.
- Stop or reset machines when malfunctions occur, clear machine jams, and report malfunctions to a supervisor.
- Maintain stocks, move finished product and prep for incoming product to ensure continuous and efficient daily production.
- Follow work instructions, standards and SOPs for equipment set up, changeover and tear down.
- Identify and resolve issues during setup and changeover
- Examine bottles to ensure labels, caps and stamps have been correctly applied according to SOP.
- Responsible to ensure all necessary steps are taken to avoid accidents during packaging operation.
- Responsible to ensure that all packaging line activities are in compliance with GMP.
- Inspect packages periodically to ensure outgoing packages meet all quality standards.
- Responsible to ensure correct material and product are used for packaging.
- Operate every machine following all safety procedures.
- Assist in all other duties assigned by supervisor and/or management.
- Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events, and react well under pressure.