We are hiring a year-round 1st Shift Packaging Operator to join our great team with ability to make up to $20.49/hour as you grow to Tier Tech III and contribute to our success as part of the family! This person needs to be able to work well in a team-oriented environment to accomplish the company’s strategic initiatives while providing excellent service to our many internal and external customers. Join our tight-knit Packaging Operator team, get great perks, and contribute to your new company’s success!
Our Operators are responsible to operate the packaging machines under the guidance of mechanic and or packaging supervisor within company specifications. Schedule is 4×10’s, 6 am-4:30 pm
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works in compliance with Food Safety Management System and Good Manufacturing Practice’s
- Working in all positions of the bottling, canning, and kegging lines
- Intensive cleaning done daily, working with chemicals requiring PPE
- Work safely in accordance to SOP’s, and company guidelines in the manufacturing area
- Perform packaging operations according to current SOP’S
- Maintains cleanliness and sanitation of all equipment, tanks and work areas.
- Part of the continued progress of SOP development
- Communicate daily with team members in alignment with Humm culture and core values
- Work in regular alignment with Core value, self-governing/correcting culture and in accordance with Humm policies set forth in Staff handbook
- Ability to work outside of scheduled shifts to meet packaging daily goals and defined outcomes
- Accountability to meeting or exceeding company standards in quality, including but not limited to accurate labeling, product handling, and packaging procedures.
- Maintain accurate recordings of logs, batch tickets, and tracking.
- Monitor the production line, watching for problems and QC issues.
- Stop or reset machines when malfunctions occur, clear machine jams, and report malfunctions to a supervisor.
- Maintain stocks, moving finished product and prepping for incoming product to ensure continuous and efficient daily production.
- Follow work instruction, standards and SOP’s for equipment set up, changeover and tear down.
- Identify and resolve issues during setup and changeover
- Examines bottles to ascertain that labels, caps and stamps have been correctly applied according to SOP.
- Responsible to make sure all necessary steps are taken to avoid any accident during packaging operation.
- Responsible to make sure that all packaging line activities are in compliance with GMP.
- Responsible to inspect the packages periodically to make sure that the packages meet all quality standards.
- Responsible to make sure correct material and product is used for packaging.
- Must operate the machine following all safety procedures.
- Assist in all other duties assigned by supervisor and/or management.
- Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events and react well under pressure.
- Champion the company culture and values
- Embrace, practice and support our policies, Standard Operating Procedures, Good Manufacturing Practices
- Maintain constructive working relationships with employees and other department heads
- Being part of the Win!